Web 2.0: Splat Square
Brenham Tech Daily 7:00 AM web 2.0Splat Square is sure to WOW your students and bring your SMART board to life! Splat Square is a 100 number chart that "splats" when you click/touch a square (there's even a cool "splat" sound effect!). You can change the color of the "splat" (there are 7 colors to choose from) and even print it out. There's even Splat Square Reveal which is a blank chart that reveals the number when clicked. This interactive grid has many classroom applications...
- count by 2s, 5s, 10s using different color splats
- color code odd and even numbers
- practice money skills - count/splat by nickels, dimes and quarters
- play a team game by marking factors/multiples of a chosen number
- make picture puzzles with clues that equal a number that the students "splat" - all of the splats reveal a design
- roll dice to "race to 100" (guess the number before you roll and move an extra space!)
- use as a behavior incentive (splat for good behavior/compliments - get a row, get a reward...could even color code for teams or boys vs girls)
Let us know how YOU could use Splat Square in the classroom!