Wow Wednesday: Rebecka Mouser, BES

My name is Rebecka Mouser and I teach third grade reading and language arts at BES. Attending the WOW Academy this past summer was probably one of the most beneficial workshops I have been to in a while. I came back excited and ready to see what new things I could use with my students that would be fun and exciting and enhance their learning at the same time. I have been so impressed with my third graders' ability to learn new tools and even teach me a thing or two. Google drive has been the most utilized tool that we have used in class. My students have created several Google Presentations, and drawings this year. They love the opportunity to show their creative side. I also used Google Forms and created graphic organizers for my students to use during reading time. This was a great way for me to see if students were grasping concepts and saving paper at the same time. Along with Google Drive, we have used Edmodo, Smore, Symbaloo, and several other technology tools. My students get so excited when they know the Chromebooks are coming out. They are pretty much self sufficient on them now and can help each other problem solve and troubleshoot when they can’t figure something out. They have a sense of pride when it comes to the work that they do on their Chromebooks and as I teacher I love to see that!

Comments