Using Canva To Podcast

 


Have you tried out podcasting with your students yet? Canva makes podcasting with students even easier! All students need is a school email to sign up. 

The easiest way to make a podcast is by using Canva's video presentation feature. (Want to learn more about video presentations? Click here). Students can record in Canva, add music, and use the slide desk as their script. For this blog, I decided to create a fake podcast called Green Vibes, a podcast about environmental science. Here's how I made the podcast:

  • Step 1) I created my podcast using the talking presentation in Canva. This allowed me to have my script on the screen that I could read. I then just pressed record! When it was all done I pressed download.

  • Step 2) After I downloaded the podcast that I made in Canva, I needed to convert the MP4 to an MP3. I used TinyWow to convert it. 

  • Step 3) I then needed a place to host my podcast. There are many tools online for podcasting such as Anchor, Vocaroo, Sodaphonic, Audacity, and more! I chose to go with Vocaroo. This is a website that should work on Chromebooks for students. All I had to do was upload that MP4 I had made in TinyWow. It then gave me a direct link that I could share out with people. Want to listen

The best part though is when students are done creating that podcast, they can use Canva to create podcast artwork, social media promotions, and more. Maybe your club or class has a social media account that students run. Try creating an Audiogram! I followed the steps in this simple tutorial to discover how I could make an audiogram in Canva. The hardest part was deciding what template to use and what content I was going to "talk" about. Here's my example below:



To watch the video tutorial: 








Comments