Guest Post: Memory Anderson - Highlights of TCEA 2013


If you are anything like me, “tweets”, “blogs”, “apps”, “web 2.0”, “google this” and “Chrome book that” was  a little overwhelming. I wasn’t sure where to start, how to incorporate it into my kindergarten classroom, how my kiddos would handle it and most importantly how would I fit it into my already jam-packed day. The TCEA Conference helped answer so many of those questions for me. It was a wonderful opportunity to listen to, and collaborate with, other primary grade teachers who had implemented successful technology activities in their classroom. The Conference allowed me to select sessions that were geared to my specific grade level and needs...in fact, the most difficult part was narrowing down which sessions to attend because there were so many that I was interested in!

I was most inspired by a presentation by Tammy Worcester, you can visit her website at www.tammyworcester.com to see all of her wonderful ideas. You can also view her presentation at http://tinyurl.com/twipad13.  

I am so fortunate to have a set of ipads to use in my classroom and each day I am amazed to watch my kinders use them in literacy stations, math stations and the writing center. We also incorporate them into our guided reading lessons, as well. The TCEA Conference helped me to step outside of my comfort zone and realize that technology can be seamlessly integrated into my daily classroom routine.

Comments