Guest Post: Clarice Lampe, BHS


My classroom is “flying high” with SlideRocket, a Web 2 Tool that allows one to create or import power point presentations. This tool has many great features which include embedding YouTube videos, adding sound tracks, importing graphics, and inserting movies. In addition to these enriching features, SlideRocket has an analytical component that tracks the amount of time spent viewing both the entire presentation as well as individual slides.

When I heard about this program in one of my sessions at TCEA, the presenter made it sound so simple to use I decided to test it out on my first day back in the classroom. This was even easier than I originally thought! It took less than 3 minutes to import a 35 slide lesson from my existing PowerPoint presentation, and to top it off, I was able to password protect the published presentation to limit viewing to my students.

My favorite outcome from my TCEA experience is I now convert my physics lessons to SlideRocket presentations and share them in my Google groups. Students have told me that they really like having immediate access to lessons for both making up work and for studying for exams.  
                                                                                                                                                                 Image@siliconangle.com  

Comments