WOW Wednesday Guest Post: Staci Stephens, BMS

Hello!  My name is Staci Stephens and I teach sixth grade math at BMS.  Students in my class are using the chromebooks on a daily basis beginning with a daily rotation of three tasks: math fact practice using xtramath.com, a daily warm-up shared with students through Google Drive, and a short video to introduce a new concept or review a concept learned the previous day.  Videos are embedded into google forms which also ask the students to complete two tasks after watching the video: write a summary of the video and write one question from the video.  Being able to view the spreadsheet of their responses gives me a quick way to check for understanding and jump into our lesson based on questions or ideas they already have.  Also, having a self-starting class using technology gives me the opportunity to check in on individual students.  


Comments