What is Google Code-in?
For seven weeks from early December to mid January, the Google Code-in contest will have students working with up to 12 selected open source projects on a variety of tasks. The different categories of tasks that students will be able to work on include:
- Code: writing or refactoring
- Documentation/Training: creating/editing documents and helping others learn more
- Outreach/research: community management, outreach/marketing, or studying problems and recommending solutions
- Quality Assurance: testing and ensuring code is of high quality
- User Interface: user experience research or user interface design and interaction