Monday Reflections with Students: Bailey Kenjura

Monday Reflections with Senior, Bailey Kenjura



What are you most looking forward to this school year?
I am looking forward to volleyball season (sadly, it's my last), and enjoying every moment! I still can't believe I'm a Senior. 

What advice would you give upcoming freshman?
High School flies by, so go to as many school functions as you can! Be involved and have fun, but also, stay on top of your school work ;) Good study habits will save your life, and GPA. 

What was the best experience you had at Brenham High School?
The best experience I had at BHS was cheering on our Cubs! I was lucky enough to be in High School with my older brother for a couple years, who played football, and there's nothing like cheering on a family member or close friend in our home stadium. 

What is one thing that you appreciate when teachers do (ex: laugh, tell personal stories, use a certain technology tool, let you choose your assignment, etc.)?
I love being able to work on assignments IN CLASS so that I am able to directly ask the teacher if I need guidance. We have become a very technology oriented generation, but, through experience, I have come to find that personal interaction in the class room is the best way to learn. 

What are your plans after high school?
After high school, I plan on going to college. I would like to major in some kind of health science field, possibly nutrition or occupational therapy. 

If you could change one thing (or add one thing) to high school, what would it be?
I would change how little emphasis we put on other sports/clubs. We are very supportive of the mainstream ones, such as football, volleyball, soccer, etc. But every part of our school contributes to our identity as Brenham, and l think we should proudly support all branches. 

Comments