Monday Reflections: Educator, Ben Lewis, @MrHistory123


Monday Reflections with Elementary Educator,
Ben Lewis, @MrHistory123

What do you enjoy most right now about your campus?
New teachers, new students, and getting to share my love for world history and culture with a new, eager group of kiddos.

Describe a recent lesson that you have enjoyed?
I've worked Flocabulary into my instruction this year. Seeing kids head bob to raps about things like continents and oceans makes me a very happy teacher. I love evolving as a educator and trying new tools is a great way to do it.

What technology tools do you like using most in class right now?
I worked Google Cardboard into my lessons last year and will continue utilizing the tech this year. Also, with CNN10, Google, and Flocabulary, we in room 214 are becoming tech rock stars!

What is something that your admin does that you appreciate?
Admin allows me to teach the way I feel best serves my students.

In the past month, what is a new teaching philosophy, idea, strategy, or pedagogy you have tried to adapt in your classroom?
I am an avid fan, supporter, and contributor to #worldgeochat, my favorite twitter PLN. In my opinion, their ideas for worldly instruction, social studies philosophies, and advice is the best on twitter for a social studies teacher.

What are you looking forward to most this school year?
I continue to look forward to traveling to Greece, Italy, and Spain with a great group of Brenham ISD youngsters on an educational trip to Southern Europe.

Suggestion for new educators:
Pick the brains of everyone around you. Steal their good stuff. Recognize and deflect their bad stuff. But in your classroom, BE YOU. Teach the way you know your students learn the best. And remember, keep 'em smiling and laughing because happy kids will always learn better.

Click Here to visit our BISDwired Website
Follow Us On Twitter: #bisdwired
Tom Spall
Troy Kuhn
Brittni Branton








Comments