Tech Tip Thursday: Mathigon Website

Tech Tip Thursday: Mathigon Website

I recently saw an email from TCEA where they discussed a website called- mathigon. It has tons of interactive math activities and courses for all levels of math. The best part is that these features are all FREE!

Lori Gracey from TCEA talks about the virtual manipulatives. I went to that part of the website- Polypad. It was amazing, and I was blown away with this feature.

These number tiles, number bars, and fraction bars are amazing! I remember as a kid, the teacher would pull out the box of manipulatives. However, what if you had to share the manipulatives with other teachers? What if there was not enough money for manipulatives? How long does it take to pass out manipulatives? These digital/virtual manipulatives could really help!!

There are also shapes, a protractor, a marker to draw, and more! I see this tool as helpful for all levels of math.

I cannot even do the website justice just discussing it. I encourage you to go to the website, and try it out. It is amazing!!

Comments