Web Tool Wednesday: Bookship App

Web Tool Wednesday: Bookship App

The bookship app/website came from an assortment of teachers. We were looking for an app to do a campus wide book study with because it is easier to chat on your phone or laptop versus getting everyone's schedules together to meet. Mr. Kenjura had told me about the Bible study app he used with his church group, so I went searching for some apps that were similar. There were some great apps out there, but I had to be careful because not all apps were Android and Apple. I found one, but then Mrs. Dismukes suggested a good idea- that it would be easier if we could take pictures with our book club chat app. I went searching again for the perfect app.

I finally found one that is Android, Apple, and web based, and you can send pictures through chat. This is the bookship app. It is free, and you just need an email and passsword to sign up. Plus, if you have any trouble with it, the support and creator are so friendly and easy to communicate with. 


Recently, we have had a teacher, Mrs. Ruiz, even use the web version to have a book discussion with the book they are reading in class. The students answer questions and respond to each other's responses through the chat.

This app/website is a great way for students and teachers to chat about a book they are reading.

Here are just a few snippets:
*Bookshelf-- book discussions currently going on in my app.
*Book discussion amongst teachers!

I appreciate the teachers for trying a new crazy idea of discussing books, and I appreciate the teachers trying this out in the classroom with students, too. It is always an exciting learning curve!


Comments