What? Wednesday: Find a Doc, Sheet, PDF, Image, Form, or Slide in Your Google Drive

 What? Wednesday: Find a Doc, Sheet, PDF, Image, Form, or Slide in Your Google Drive


This week Amanda and I were helping a teacher find items in her Drive. I realized that sometimes we are good about putting documents into folders, but sometimes life gets busy and we forget to put a document in a certain folder. Or, sometimes, we put something in a folder, but we cannot remember which folder. 

Cannot find a document, sheet, pdf, image, form, or slide? Am I the only one that this happens to? Was it shared last year or last week?

This SEARCH trick can really save your life and time. 

Here's how-

1. Open your Drive.

2. Click the drop-down menu in the search bar.

3. Change type to what you remember (was it a Google Sheet, a Google Slide, or PDF?).


4. Change the owner to what you remember (was it owned by you or was it created by a specific person?).

5. A lot of times, I remember who made it or shared it with me, so I can type in the specific person's email address.


*I usually stop there and click search, but you can fill out as many parts as you can remember or as less as you can (of course the more you can remember, the better your search becomes).

Once, I click search, I now can find the document that I hunting for (in this case it comes up with all the sheets that this specific person has shared with me).


**This saves me so much time. I love this Google trick!

Comments