Thursday Tech with Troy: A Special Edition - PLN's and What you Need

 

A double dose this week of Tech with Troy (I think I'll give next week a break) comes your way.  Lets talk about PLN or Personal Learning Networks.  We've written about them before in this blog, but today I want to make it very simple what can make a successful PLN.  

It's important to find people that can challenge you and your ideas, as well as those that have strengths and skills that you don't possess to help you find a balance.  However, it's just as important to find those people that share a like mind with you - a kindred spirit.  

For example, a setback had left me in a dark place professionally and perhaps spiritually.  I didn't need or want encouragement or casual platitudes.  Instead I wanted to bounce an idea off someone that I trusted and knew what I was feeling.  In minutes the funk lifted, and our creative synergy became almost unstoppable.  What had seemed like a failure had suddenly turned to a new path of possibilities.   So what's my point? 

Find people that professionally share your passion.  Of course you  have to have passion about something first or this advice won't help you.  As they once said in my district - we're better together



Comments