Wow Wednesday: Compare Docs Feature in Google Documents

 Wow Wednesday: Compare Docs Feature in Google Documents

Source: https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2019/06/compare-docs.html 


Recently, I stumbled on this new feature finally available to us in Google Docs. It is the compare two papers feature. My first question is always, how can my teachers use this? This is what I found-

*Students and teachers can compare drafts of papers. They can tell what revisions were made from draft one to draft four. 

*Students and teachers can look at two different documents and combine suggestions from both documents.

Or, what about using it as a plagiarize checker too (check out my test trial below)? I know this is not the intention, but working with teachers who have students fighting for rank; I know that it is important to students and teachers. Also, I feel beyond that, we need to prepare them for college when it will come up if the paper has been copied and there are severe consequences.



How do you use this tool?

1. Have two documents that you want to compare.

2. Go to tools- compare documents (in the Google Doc).

3. Find the document you want to compare.

4. Google will create a new document where they two documents are merged to see the revisions.




Comments